What are fitness bands and fitness tubes?
The fitness bands (from brands such as Theraband) are small and handy training devices that are very popular and used in many areas of sport and therapy. The fitness bands and fitness tubes enable a targeted and joint-friendly muscle build-up or of specific muscles and muscle groups or the muscles. Training with a fitness band or fitness room is suitable both as a training band for professionals in the gym and for beginners when training at home (gymnastics bands). The variety of training and the variety of exercises on these training bands are limitless and can always be adapted to the individual situation of the exerciser or athlete. This is why the ligaments and tubes are so popular in the rehabilitation area after injuries. Stretching exercises with the straps and tubes can be performed particularly well. With this resistance band you can perform effective exercises for the muscles of the abdomen, legs, feet, buttocks, upper body, chest (chest muscles), back, shoulders, neck, biceps, triceps and arms. The entire body is simply trained during the workout with a fitness band or fitness room (whole body training). In addition, you train your coordination, flexibility and motor skills with the exercise bands.
What fitness bands and fitness tubes are there?
The selection of different fitness bands and tubes is huge. A basic distinction is made between open bands. Open ribbons are open, wide and rather thin. There are the following as specific forms or types of open ribbons:
- Tubes: Tubes are tube-like fitness bands made of rubber, which have handles at the ends for gripping the band with the complete hand. The fitness tubes are particularly suitable for rehabilitation, physiotherapy and gymnastics with seniors.
- Fitness bands with loops: Instead of handles at the ends, these fitness bands have loops for holding or for better gripping with the hands. Here you can choose between different grip angles, which enables you to train specific muscle groups or muscles.
- Floss band: The floss band is a special pressure band that is used for compression-based movement therapy.
- Closed bands have a ring shape and are used especially for stretching exercises and for leg and arm training.
Which band or tube suits me?
Basically, when choosing or buying a fitness band or a fitness room, the intended purpose (which exercises you want to perform with the band or tube), as well as your own level of performance or training level, is decisive. In addition, the fitness bands and fitness tubes have different strengths and resistances of stretching. The resistance or strength (light, medium, strong, extremely strong) of a fitness band or fitness room is indicated by the color of the band or tube. A distinction is made between the following colors and strengths:
- Color green: light resistance, suitable for training endurance and strength, as well as for rehabilitation and senior sports (gymnastics bands)
- Pink: medium resistance, suitable for training endurance and strength (strength training), as well as for advanced and beginners
- Violet: Strong resistance and suitable for training the endurance and strength (strength training) of advanced and experienced.
- Red: Extremely strong resistance and suitable for training the strength of experienced and athletes.
When buying a tape or tube, you should still pay attention to the color codes of the different manufacturers. Because not every manufacturer assigns the color (or the strength of light, medium, strong, extremely strong) of the fitness bands and fitness tubes uniformly, as presented. In addition, the length of the fitness band or fitness room also influences the tensile strength of the band. The optimal fitness band or the optimal fitness room should challenge you during the individual repetitions, but not overwhelm you. You also need different strengths for different body regions.
What material are the fitness bands and fitness tubes made of?
Most fitness bands and fitness tubes are made from the natural product latex (natural latex). The material (natural latex) is particularly elastic and hard-wearing. The disadvantage of this material is that it has to be powdered for a longer shelf life. As a result, you should always use latex fitness bands and tubes after powdering. There are also fitness bands and fitness tubes made of rubber or, strictly speaking, natural rubber or synthetic rubber. The rubber bands are also based on latex. However, latex is not compatible with everyone (skin-friendly), which means that there are also latex-free fitness bands and fitness tubes in our range. The latex-free fitness bands and fitness tubes have a different feel than the latex bands, but they have the same properties during workouts and exercises.
How do you properly maintain a fitness band?
The most important properties of a fitness band and a fitness room are stability, resilience, skin tolerance (or skin-friendly) and grip. To maintain these properties for a long time, you should protect the tapes and tubes from heat, dust and sunlight. In addition, the straps and tubes must be dried after training and must not be exposed to any sharp objects. The optimal cleaning of the fitness bands and fitness tubes takes place with soap and water. You should refrain from cleaning with disinfectant.