Robust balance cushions for optimal balance
What are balance pillows?
Balance cushions, ball seat cushions or ball cushions include Coordinating trainers and an integral part of both fitness and physiotherapy and senior sports. While balance and coordination training is gaining in importance in the fitness sector up to competitive sports, similar devices can also be found in therapy and rehabilitation. Proprioceptive training and stabilization training are always part of the basic training of soccer players, basketball players or handball players. The balance pillows are air-filled training devices that strengthen the core muscles and in particular the deep muscles during regular use (sitting, standing, etc.). Due to the unstable surfaces of the balance cushions (wobble cushions), proprioceptors, fine sensors that are embedded in muscles and ligaments, are addressed (sensorimotor system is addressed). The deep muscles are strengthened and the intermuscular coordination and sensorimotor skills are improved by training the balance and coordination. The deep muscles, the so-called stabilizers, are very important. Because these run close to the joint and give it the necessary stability. Because of this and also to improve the trunk muscles, the use of a balance cushion (wobble cushion) is not only useful after torn ligaments or knee and ankle injuries. For the back muscles, as well as all muscles and muscle groups all over the body, exercises and movements on the balance pillow are also very good. A variety of exercises with the balance pillow are possible. All exercises for the whole body are very effective. Training with the balance pillow improves the balance or sense of balance (balance training), coordination and posture, which means that the balance pillow is often used in various strength exercises for better muscles from the whole body and gymnastic exercises. There are also so-called ball seat cushions (ball cushions) that you can use for a back-friendly sitting (improvement of the back muscles and posture from the back) on the desk chair (seat pad). Because the pillows are particularly good for back pain and back pain when working at the desk. Another advantage of the balance pillow is that training on the pillow or balance pad is very joint-friendly training and therefore often when training with seniors for e.g. a balance training or to improve the sense of balance and for more exercise is used. However, you should note that the balance cushion or the balance pad is not used on a pointed surface.
Different balance pillows
There is a large selection of different balance cushions or seating ball cushions, which include train coordination skills effectively. The pillows differ among other things. due to the following properties:
- Surface: The surface of a balance cushion can be designed with knobs or smooth. A pimpled surface provides an additional massage effect and particularly stimulates the blood circulation in the sole of the foot when standing on the balance cushion. Balance pillows or ball pillows with a smooth surface are particularly suitable. to sit on e.g. Desk (seat pad) as they are a soft and gentle underlay.
- Material: When buying a balance cushion, it is important that you ensure that the material of the balance cushion is free of PVC and phthalate. This means that the balance cushions should be made without harmful plasticizers.
- Size or diameter: The Balance pillows are available in many different sizes and diameters. A diameter of 30 cm is recommended as a seat cushion or ball seat cushion for children. In this size, the balance cushions can also be stowed away to save space. Adults should use balance cushions with a diameter of 33-36 cm. There are also balance cushions with a diameter of up to 50 cm. This size offers even more seating comfort and, of course, a larger step and lying surface (balance mat), which means that balance cushions of this size can be used well during exercises while standing.
- Internal pressure and resilience: the balance cushions are filled with air and are inflated using an air pump. For this reason, you can easily determine the pressure or the softness or hardness of the balance pillow by simply pumping more or less air into the pillow. You should note that the more plump the balance cushion is, the more stable it is. A thickness of 6 cm is ideal for promoting balance. In addition, you should always follow the manufacturer's instructions regarding the load capacity of the balance cushion. Surgeries in particular should use resilient balance pillows, since many people of different weights use the pillow here.
Buying a balance pillow
Our balance pillows or pads are all characterized by the following advantages and properties:
- Non-slip surface
- Particularly soft and destabilizing
- Waffle-like structure of the surface
- High quality & skin-friendly materials (free of PVC)
- Different sizes and diameters
- Different surfaces (with or without knobs)
- In great colors
- Resilient & robust
- From well-known brands or manufacturers, such as Togu, Dynair, Sissel or Airex
- Easy inflation with one pump
- Great price
- Light weight & easy to transport due to the low weight (uninflated condition)
How do I care for and clean the balance cushion?
During storage, the balance cushions can easily be placed on top of each other or stacked. However, you should always make sure that there are no sharp objects near the balance cushions or that the balance pad is placed on a pointed surface. In addition, the balance cushion should not be exposed to direct heat or stored next to a heater. You can easily remove the coarse dirt or dust with a damp cloth. In addition, most balance pillows and most materials can be disinfected. In our shop you will also find a large selection of other documents for balance training, such as a balance pad or a balance mat.