You can buy particularly robust and high quality streetball balls from us. The streetball is specially adapted for outdoor conditions and has a particularly robust surface with optimal playing properties. Discover our large selection of street ball balls now.
Buy robust streetball balls with optimal playing characteristics
What is streetball?
Streetball is a variant of basketball and is therefore often called street basketball. Streetball or 3x3 are very trendy. It is an outdoor variant of the (classic) indoor basketball, in which usually three against three players play on one basket.
Rules in streetball
The rules in streetball are simpler than the classic basketball rules. The most important rule is fair play, fairness and tolerance. Movement in a streetball game trains conflict ability and coping with frustration and thus trains body (back) and head (tolerance & conflict ability). It is played without a referee and is particularly popular with young people in Germany. If necessary, a so-called court observer can be used, whereby this should be an adviser and not an arbitrator. Street basketball is very dynamic due to the small number of players, short attack times (12 seconds per attack) and half the field and offers greater flexibility than classic basketball. The rules in streetball are:
- 2 teams with three players each, as well as substitutes
- A coin toss is used to decide which team is the attacking team at the start of the game
- For each attack on a basket, a team has an attack time of 12 seconds to score
- The first possession of the ball is decided before the game by tossing a coin
- Before a basketball success, at least two players of the attacking team must have had the ball
- After each success in the basket, possession of the ball changes and the opposing team receives the street ball for the throw
- After a basketball success, after fouls or fouled players and failures or a ball loss, there is a free throw from the two-point line. Behind this line, streetball basketball must first be checked out
- Fouled players announce the fouls, but fairness is expected at all times from the fouled player and opponent when a foul is displayed
- In jumping ball situations, the defender or opponent receives the street ball. Even a dunk or a time game is not allowed in street basketball
- A basket success gives a point
- A game ends when a team has reached 16 points in the basketball game
Differences between streetball and basketball
The main differences between streetball and basketball are in the following aspects:
- Number of players
- Streetball in the outdoor area and basketball in the indoor area
- Streetball is played without a referee
- A basket at the streetball counts as one point
- Streetball is seldom played on time, but rather on a certain number of points
- In streetball, after a change of possession, the ball should be passed under the attacking team at least twice before the basket attempt can begin
Buying a streetball
At Kübler Sport you get a large selection of outdoor balls. Because especially for streetball you need an outdoor basketball. A streetball should be particularly robust, have good grip and be able to withstand the tough demands of duels. All of our balls for streetball are characterized by optimal playing characteristics. We offer a large selection of high-quality and robust streetball balls that are suitable for every age group and for every purpose in the outdoor area (also for use at a tournament on the field or street or in the hall). Discover our range of streetball balls now and order your suitable streetball conveniently online.